7 foods that help in reducing blood glucose!!
FOODS THAT HELP REDUCE BLOOD GLUCOSE
- Bitter Gourd: Bitter gourd lowers blood glucose and also lowers glucose in all the tissues of the body. They promote proper carbohydrate digestion. It can also reverse insulin resistants, and prevent complications that occur with uncontrolled diabetes, 7 foods that help in reducing blood glucose!!.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon contains cinnamaldehyde which can lower blood glucose by almost 30%. At the same time it can lower LDL cholesterol by almost 28%, and also can lower triglycerides by up to 30%.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek increases insulin production from pancreatic cell thereby lowering blood sugar level. At the same time Fenugreek lowers cholesterol and helps protect the liver from the damage from alcohol. It detoxes the liver too.
- Garlic & Onions: Though mild in action, garlic and onions do lower blood glucose, cholesterol, and triglycerides too. A sulphur containing compound called allicin is present in such foods which helps lower blood glucose thereby helping insulin to be used up effectively.
- Ginseng: The herb limits the functioning of tri-carboxylic acid cycle thereby lowering blood sugar and increasing the insulin output. It also keeps insulin producing cells alive and thriving. It also prevents heart attacks by promoting a healing effect on the lining of the arterial walls.
- Neem: Consuming neem leaf extracts can lower the need for insulin injections by up to 50%. It also lowers blood glucose in general. It also increases circulation throughout the body thus helping to reduce complications associated with diabetes.
- Shilajit: This mineral salt is also called the “Destroyer of Diabetes.” It contains lots of minerals, peptides, fulvic acid, dibenzo-alpha-pyrones, and other lipids. If taken, blood glucose drops significantly; reduces the bad cholesterol, while increasing the good cholesterol.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 09743430000 or visit quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.