As we age our metabolism tends to go down. Simple reason we eat more and workout less. Here are few tips to kick-start your metabolism:
1. Start your day with exercise. When you start your day with exercise, you speed up your metabolism, burn more calories and make healthier choices throughout the day. Being lazy and not exercising leads to cravings for fatty and sugary snacks throughout the day to boost your energy levels. Start your day right and you’ll set the tone for the rest of your day.
2. An apple a day While an apple a day keeps the doctor away, it also helps speed up your metabolism in the morning. Apples are high in pectin that is a great metabolic booster. I suggest you to eat your apple before exercising. You will have more energy and feel less hungry.
3. Drink water and flush toxins To rid your body of toxins, flush out your kidneys and boost your metabolism, drink two glasses of water in the morning on your commute to work. If you don’t want to stop your car for a bathroom break, make sure you don’t drink more than two glasses of water. You should also drink water throughout the day, don’t forget about it.
4. Make a powerful shake The shake is easy to make and it will help speed up your metabolism in the morning. Have some fruits, kale, flax seed and coconut water mixed into power shake and the drink is ready. A green shake helps in detoxification of the body, replenishment of the minerals in your body, boosting your metabolism after the morning exercise, and overall leads to fueling of your day.
5. Have a positive attitude starting your day with a positive attitude, helps you accomplish more tasks throughout the day and you are less stressed. So smile a lot and be positive and you’ll certainly reach your health and fitness goals.
6. Stretch your muscles stretch your muscles helps you get relaxed after a stressful job. Take deep breaths for couple of times, stretch your arms above the head and do a few arm circles to tone your shoulders and to release tension in them.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietitian or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.