Nothing can be easy for people with PCOS especially when it comes to food, but these superfoods can help a lot when managing your symptoms. Supercharge your PCOS diet by incorporating these incredible foods and see what a difference it can make for your health.
1. Turnip Greens: Turnip greens are a great source of both Vitamin C and calcium, two nutrients that aid in the fight against PCOS
2. Broccoli: You’re body will be able to absorb approximately 60% of the calcium found in broccoli.
3. Wheat Germ: All it takes is a single cup provides 75% of the nutrients and vitamins you need for the day. The list of nutrients you get from that single helping of wheat germ includes: zinc, various B vitamins, and magnesium.
4. Cranberries: You should avoid cranberry juices which have more sugar than cranberries in them, but natural cranberries help you fight PCOS and keep your urinary tract free of infections.
5. Cinnamon: Not only will cinnamon turn whatever you’re consuming into a treat for your tongue, it also helps you control your insulin levels, reduces your craving for unhealthy foods, and regulates blood sugar levels. .
6. Spinach: Spinach helps lower your blood pressure, prevent you from overeating, and is a great source of Vitamin K.
7. Honey: Honey helps your body digest foods more efficiently, improves muscle mass, has both anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties, and improve your immune system.
8. Tuna: This is a great choice when you need to lose weight, but don’t want to feel hungry. It fills you up and provide you with a several nutrients you need to fight PCOS.
9. Apples: A small apple each day is a low calorie, high source of fiber snack. Since it’s low in starch, it’s a great snack for women with PCOS.
10. Barley: Barley has the lowest glycemic index of any grain and naturally encourages your body to stop producing an excessive amount of insulin which exasperates PCOS symptoms. Many women have noticed they experience fewer food cravings when they increased the amount of barley they consumed each day.
11. Sunflower Seeds: The instinct is to avoid sunflower seeds because they’re high in calories, but women with PCOS should have a bag of them in their purse. The seeds are filling and have all kind of nutrients that will help you fight PCOS, including Vitamins B6 and B2.
12. Flax Seed: Flax seed not only helps lower your blood pressure, it also help balance your hormones, increasing the chances of conception.
13. Brown Rice: Eating a few servings of brown rice each week will slow the rate your body releases insulin.
14. Chicken: PCOS makes weight loss a constant battle, and too often we forget we still need protein. A grilled, skinless chicken breast is a great source of the protein you need.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 09743430000 or visit quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.