Beware !! A Rat Peed On My Can !!
Beware !! A Rat Peed On My Can !!: Have you ever thought what goes on in the shopping marts when the light goes off?
Cockroaches, rats and mice go hunting for food and litter here and there.
Also before the food product coming onto the shelf chances are that it might get soiled or tampered during transportation and handling. Hence it is essential for a consumer to check for their own safety before consumption as it can lead to infections.
What should one do to prevent food contamination??
- Wash fruits,vegetables and mouth of cans/tetra pack thoroughly with water.You can also use a disinfectant for cleaning which is easily available in medical stores.
- Check for dirt near the seal or mouth of can/tetra pack. It could be rat droppings/ urine. Make sure to wash it before you consume it blindly. Also supervise before giving such things to your kids as they are more prone to infections.
- Check for broken seal or torn packaging.
- Never purchase canned goods that are leaking or that bulge at the ends.
- Check the “expiry” dates printed on product.
- When buying pre-cut fruits or vegetables, choose only those items that are refrigerated or surrounded by ice.
- Bag fresh fruits and vegetables separately from raw meat, poultry, and seafood when packing them to take home from the market.
” You are the key to your safety.”
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.