Everyone wants to look youthful and healthy. So – I prefer to eat food that helps me maintain my appearance and look young. Certain foods that can rejuvenate your skin are:
- Berries contain many antioxidants that help heal your skin and protect it from free radicals that cause it to age as well as protect it from UV light. Silica in berries maintains the skin tissues and elasticity.
- Nuts & olive oil contain healthy fats these help protect you from cardiovascular disease, stroke and heart attacks. People who have an extra ounce of mixed nuts every day or an extra litre of extra-virgin olive oil every week – had fewer strokes and heart attacks
- High in carotene (which gives them their orange color) Vitamins C and B6, as well as fiber, other antioxidants and copper (which help your body produce Collagen, the stuff that keeps your skin firm and youthful), Sweet Potatoes help keep your skin firm.
- Milk is a great source of Vitamin D and is highly recommended if you don’t get enough sun during the day. Vitamin D helps to keep our cells⠄
- Curry Powder can help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease. Curcumin present in the curry powder is known to reduce toxicity in brain cells. In India, Curry has been used extensively for its medicinal properties to treat diseases like hemorrhoids.
- Beans are rich in protein, fiber, and various B Vitamins. The protein and the fiber help in improving the heart health, while B Vitamins help in reducing skin inflammations. Avoid Re- fried beans as they are very fattening and of high caloric value.
- Spinach is full of iron, vitamin K, lutein and zeaxanthin. Iron restores your energy levels and helps in building muscles while Vitamin K helps in improving the bone density, thereby preventing fractures and osteoporosis. Lutein and zeaxanthin protect the retinas from UV light. Eating it raw or cooked, gives you the full benefits of Vitamin K. You can also eat it with some olive oil or cheese.
- Oats are packed with important nutrients like vitamin B, fiber, and protein and are great for your skin, hair and nails, as well as nourish your nervous system. They contain fiber that improves the digestive system, and the protein keeps your energy levels elevated. Avoid instant oats with sugar.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.