Most diets aim to help you feel better. But many of them fail miserably to make this happen. How so?
Non-organic foods and drinks are the insidious culprits. Loaded with dozens of harmful compounds, they make even healthful diets impotent. Let’s see what opting for organic foods and drinks delivers.
Why Is It Better to Avoid Non-Organic Foods & Drinks?
Unlike organic alternatives, non-organic foods and drinks tend to be full of:
- Pesticides Herbicides, insecticides, bactericides, fungicides – the list of various types of pesticides are almost endless. But what they all share in common is their toxicity. As these compounds accumulate in the body, they contribute to a vast spectrum of chronic diseases.
- GMOs Food corporations rush to claim that GMOs are generally safe. And yet, no solid research has been done on how genetically modified foods affect the body in the long run. In fact, GMOs are a suspected cause of many ugly health conditions like digestive tract thickening.
- Antibiotics With their bodies pushed to their absolute limits, animals in factory farming settings have extremely compromised immune systems. To negate it, manufacturers heavily use all kinds of antibiotics, which invites the appearance of dangerous antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- Hormones Chasing the profits, food corporations love to inject animals with various hormonal cocktails for them to grow faster. In no time, these exogenous hormones flood the animal’s body. And since you’re the end consumer, all these hormones infest your body too.
- Food-borne pathogens Factory farming subjects animals to slews of vaccinations and drug injections that cause unpredictable strains of mutations in their bodies. As a result, deadly pathogens appear that turn out to be infectious to people and resistant to drugs and antibiotics.
- Heavy metals Several studies point out that the use of various agricultural chemicals in conventional farming contaminates the produce with heavy metals. Being toxic for the entire body, heavy metals such as cadmium poison its systems and lead to various serious diseases.
Sooner or later, all of these toxins become too much for the body to cope with. That’s where organic foods and drinks come in.
Key Benefits of Consuming Organic Foods & Drinks
Enriching your diet with organic foods and drinks yields these unique benefits:
- Stronger health Free from bombardment by the toxins that we’ve mentioned earlier, your body will recover faster and function much more efficiently. With your immune system on top of its game, diseases will have no choice but to stay away from you.
- Better nourishment Organic foods and drinks are shown to contain more antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial nutrients compared to non-organic produce. Being a more nutrient-dense source of fuel, they boost energy and nourish your body to a greater extent.
- Superior taste Made in tune with the pace of nature, organic produce has more time to grow and develop naturally. As a result, it tastes a lot better than non-organic produce when it reaches your plate.
- More freshness Because they’re made without artificial preservatives, organic foods and drinks don’t lend themselves to long storage. Thanks to this, they’re guaranteed to be fresh when you buy them.
- Safer environment Organic farming is both more ethical and less intrusive in relation to the environment. By consuming organic foods and drinks, you support less cruelty and contribute to a safer environment. This benefits the health of each of us in the long run.
- Longer life Organic foods and drinks help your immune system fend off chronic diseases and other health issues more effectively. And as fewer toxins wear out the systems of your body, the aging process slows down as well.
Clearly, there’s a lot to gain from consuming organic foods and drinks. But going on organic food has one significant downside – it’s not cheap.
What If You Can’t Afford to Go All-Organic foods?
For most people, going all-organic food isn’t an option. Does this mean organic nutrition isn’t for you? Don’t panic – you don’t have to go all-organic. At the minimum, go organic with these foods if you eat them:
- Red peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hot peppers
- Collard greens
When made conventionally, these foods are the most heavily contaminated. And remember, going organic with some foods and drinks is still better than eating nothing organic food at all.
To get your organic diet do visit the best nutritionist in Delhi.