Natural Ways to Boost Fertility
Natural Ways to Boost Fertility: Good nutrition is vital for a healthy body and reproductive system. Eating a nutritious diet and making positive lifestyle changes can help boost fertility and prepare your body for pregnancy.
- Eat Foods that are rich in Antioxidants: Foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains are packed full of beneficial antioxidants like vitamins C and E, folate, beta-carotene and lutein. Both folate and zinc are known to improve fertility in both men and women
- Avoid Trans fat : Eating healthy fat every day is important for boosting fertility. However, trans fats are associated with an increased risk of ovulatory infertility, due to their negative effects on insulin sensitivity.
- Cut Down on Carbs : Lower-carb diets may help you maintain a healthy weight, reduce insulin levels and encourage fat loss, all while helping menstrual regularity
- Swap protein sources : Replacing some animal proteins (such as meat, fish and eggs) with vegetable protein sources (such as beans, nuts and seeds) is linked to a reduced risk of infertility
- Take a multivitamin: Taking a multivitamin may help boost fertility if you’re not getting all the nutrients you need from your diet.
- Get active: A sedentary lifestyle is linked to infertility, and exercise can improve fertility. However, exercising too much can have the opposite effect.
- Take time to Relax: As your stress levels increase, your chances of getting pregnant decrease. This is likely due to the hormonal changes that occur when you feel stressed
- Achieve a Healthy Weight: Weight is one of the most influential factors when it comes to fertility. In fact, being either underweight or overweight is associated with increased infertility
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.