Want to shed some kilos this summer? Don’t know how to beat the heat while watching calories? Here are a few cool drinks that will keep you hydrated while helping you shed those extra kilos:
1.Unsweetened Almond Milk: If you want to lose weight, start using unsweetened almond milk instead of dairy milk. Unsweetened almond milk contains 30 calories per cup and it contains no soy, sugar, lactose, carbs, gluten, or MSG.
2.Stevia: No matter whether you are drinking tea, coffee, lemonade, smoothies, or cocktails, stevia is a great slimming ingredient for any drink. Stevia comes from an herb and is 200 to 300 times sweeter than sugar. When buying stevia, make sure you choose the liquid stevia or the 100% pure stevia white powder.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: A cup of ice water is one of the best summer drinks, which you can make more delicious. Try adding some stevia, ginger, lemon, and a dash of apple cider vinegar. This tasty summer drink will definitely help you trim your body for summer. The thing is that apple cider vinegar helps reduce your blood sugar levels and prevent fat storage in your body.
- Lemon: One lemon contains less than 1 gram of sugar, which makes them a perfect slimming ingredient for your summer drinks. You can use a few slices of lemon to sweeten up your water and add a tart taste that will curb your sweet tooth. Moreover, you can add lemons to your summer veggie juices, smoothies, green or black tea.
- Lime: Lime is another fantastic slimming ingredient that you can add to any summer drink. Just like lemon, lime is virtually sugar- and calorie-free. It’s rich in vitamin C that helps boost your immune system. Lime is also good for cleansing and detoxifying the body and it’s incredibly helpful for shedding pounds
- Watermelon: Watermelon is naturally low in calories (1 cup has only 45 calories) so it’s a wonderful ingredient for your summer drink. You can use watermelon in your smoothies, juices, and you can even add it to your ice water to make a refreshing summer drink. Watermelon is not only good for your waistline, but for your overall health as well. It helps to reduce the risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease.
- Kiwi: Even though kiwi won’t directly burn fat, it’s still a perfect ingredient to add to your summer drink to lose weight. Kiwi is low in calories and high in fiber, antioxidants and Vitamin C. You can add kiwi to your smoothies, juices and water. You can also use it in fruit salads or eat it raw. Kiwi helps to reduce stress hormone levels, control your blood cholesterol, and can even combat wrinkles.
8.Grapefruit: Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, fibre and lycopene, grapefruit detoxifies the body and aids in weight loss. Since grapefruit is high in water-soluble fiber, it helps you feel full longer and avoid overeating. Add a few slices to your water or drink grapefruit juice. Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice is a healthy and refreshing summer drink.
One of the best things about these amazing slimming ingredients is that they’re very easy to find. Plus, most of them are incredibly tasty. Do you add any of these slimming ingredients to your summer drinks?
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.